Monday, May 11, 2009

The Poultry Palace

The poultry palace is done. (Well, except for a few cosmetic touches...like painting the outside of it, and adding handles to make the wheeling around the yard bit easier.)


Part of me still thinks this whole chicken experiment is surreal. I really have chickens. In. MY. Backyard. But, I'm not the only one that seems to be in disbelief. Friends have dropped by to see the ladies, saying things like, "I thought this was a joke," or "I had to see it with my own eyes." CHICKENS!
Honestly, the chickens seemed a bit dumbfounded about being in my backyard as well at least until they got used to it. Now, they stampede out of the coop every morning when I unlock them so they can gobble grass. Could you imagine if your living space was carpeted with edible flooring? If instead of shag, your living room was carpeted with an assorted salad bar?

These feathered ones have quite the life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poultry palace looks wonderful. You have such spoiled little hens. I guess the object is to get them to lay lots of eggs so you have to treat them well! Where are the pictures of the dust baths? Aren't they just a riot to watch?

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you don't have to mow anymore?